The General Services Administration (GSA) on Wednesday announced a shared services vision that aims to reduce risk, eliminate redundancy, and maximize government buying power.
“The GSA office of Unified Shared Services Management (USSM) has worked with the Shared Service Governance Board, providers, and customers to craft a 10-year vision for service delivery of administrative functions that moves government toward realizing the full benefits of shared services,” the GSA press release said.
The vision is expected to:
- Enable subscription technology services such as Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products.
- Limit customizations and encourage standardization.
- Leverage the skilled workers in human resources, acquisition, and accounting to maximize resources available to agencies.
- Create a balanced marketplace of Federal and commercial providers.
- Enable the exploration of new funding models that change how investments are made and migrations are funded.