- MeriTalk will not release any personally identifiable information to any third party or unauthorized staff member with the following exceptions:
- To facilitate any troubleshooting on a specific use element of the site only if identified by you in the use of the site. You will be informed before your information is released
- For the purpose of complying with Federal, state, and local statues
- When you submit personally identifiable information to us, we use your personal information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the general and personalized features and functionality of the MeriTalk Web site, and to process any flagging activity or correspondence you send to us
- Your name (not your e-mail address) is displayed to other users when you post comments on the MeriTalk Web site
- We may use your e-mail address or other personally identifiable information to send information of value to you without your consent, or as part of a specific program or feature for which you will have the ability to opt out
- We use both your personally identifiable information and certain non-personally-identifiable information (such as anonymous user usage data, cookies, IP addresses, browser type, clickstream data, etc.) to improve the quality and design of the MeriTalk Web site and to create new features, promotions, functionality, and services by storing, tracking, analyzing, and processing user preferences and trends, as well as user activity and communications
Information That is Publicly Available
- Your name (not your e-mail address) is displayed to other users when you engage in certain activity on the site, such as posting comments on a News article on the MeriTalk Web site
- You may opt out of non-solicited e-mail by selecting unsubscribe in any of the MeriTalk e-mail received in your designated e-mail account
Third-Party Advertisers, Links to Other Sites
MeriTalk does not provide any personally identifiable information to these third-party ad servers or ad networks without your consent or except as part of a specific program or feature for which you will have the ability to opt out. However, please note that if an advertiser asks MeriTalk to show an advertisement to a certain audience (for example, women ages 18-34) or audience segment (for example, men ages 18-24 who have viewed certain channels of content), and you respond to that advertisement, the advertiser or ad-server may conclude that you fit the description of the audience they are trying to reach. The advertiser may also use information regarding your use of the MeriTalk Web site, such as the number of times you viewed an ad (but not any personally identifiable information), to determine which ads to deliver to you.
For more information about our privacy practices, write to us at: MeriTalk Privacy, P.O. Box 135, Alexandria, Virginia 22313.