The General Services Administration (GSA) will begin moving FedBizOpps.gov, the Federal source for contracting opportunities, to beta.SAM.gov starting Nov. 8.
“This site will become the official U.S. government website for people who make, receive, and manage federal awards,” the new website says. “We are bringing all data over from the original websites, including entity registrations and historical contract data.”
The new site will have the same capabilities as FedBizOpps, but with various improvements, including:
- More precise results in searching for opportunities by number, keyword, or location;
- Headers with easier readability to reference key information quickly;
- The ability to access prior versions of business opportunity notices;
- One-click setups for notices, that will notify users when frequently used contract opportunities are updated;
- A user-friendly design; and
- Shared login, search, workspace, data services, reports, and a design that allows users to leverage other Integrated Award Environment systems.
The new system will also implement a new Federal hierarchy that will combine multiple legacy hierarchies in a single one.
“Federal agencies will centrally manage updates and changes to the hierarchy,” the beta.SAM.gov fact sheet says. Users will also have to create new accounts to transition roles from FBO.gov to beta.SAM.gov.
GSA will seek feedback during the transition from users and stakeholders.