The Center for Disease Control (CDC) is seeking industry input for an upcoming solicitation for technical support for a cloud-based data lake.
The solicitation is for the National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases (NCIRD), a CDC component tasked with the prevention of disease, disability, and death through immunization and by control of respiratory and related diseases. The NCIRD has implemented cloud-based solutions – a data lake and data storefront – to provide a central data repository for immunization and respiratory diseases data.
With the implementation of the cloud-based solutions, the NCIRD now needs support for the continued operations and maintenance of the data lake and data storefront. Specifically, NCIRD needs help with the onboarding of new data sources and use cases and the expansion of data services and architecture as required to meet its mission.
For the forthcoming solicitation, CDC is looking to award a single-source contract with a 12-month base period and two 12-month options. The initial contract would begin Aug. 12, 2021.
CDC is contemplating a single-award contract with a 12-month base year and two (2) 12-month options. The base year period of performance would begin August 16, 2021.
The eventual contractor will need to meet specific technical proficiencies, including:
- Demonstrated experience managing large-scale cloud implementations serving national and program-specific data needs.
- Demonstrated knowledge of immunization information systems, their application for clinical and public health decision making, immunization best practices, and business process support for clinicians and immunization programs.
- Demonstrated knowledge of initiatives and practices related to immunization systems and programs.
- Demonstrated knowledge of information systems related to flu, laboratory, and surveillance data.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in information technology development, implementation, maintenance, and support using Federal government policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated experience developing tools on existing platforms.
Submissions are due April 5, 2021.