PaaS or Play? Cloud’s Next Move Webinar – June 5, 2014, 1:00 p.m. ET
Federal IT is fundamentally broken. GAO tells us Uncle Sam spends 70 percent, or $56 billion, of the IT budget on legacy systems.* How do we euthanize yesterday’s IT and consolidate for tomorrow when there’s no money for new development? Agencies turn toward Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS). Hosting new application development in the cloud gives agencies the opportunity to develop, experiment, innovate, and test for less time and money.
- How PaaS advances big-five missions
- Who’s using PaaS today and what they’ve learned
- How much time and money agencies can save
Featured speakers included:
- Keith Trippie, Former Executive Director for the Enterprise System Development Office (ESDO) within Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO), DHS, current CEO, The Trippie Group
- Dan Juengst, OpenShift PaaS Product Marketing Director, Cloud BU, Red Hat, Inc.
- Col Bob Quinker, US Army, National Guard
- Steve O’Keeffe, Founder, MeriTalk [moderator]
For the archived version of the webinar, please click here.
To learn more about this topic, check out the “PaaS or Play? Cloud’s Next Move” report.
*Government Accountability Office. (2012). Agencies need to strengthen oversight of billions of dollars in operations and maintenance investments (GAO Publication No. 13-87). Washington, D.C.: U.S. Government Printing Office.