|When:||July 24, 2013, 8:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.|
|Where:||Newseum, Washington, D.C.
|Cost:||Complimentary for government; industry rates apply|
|CPE Credits:||Interested in CPE credits? Cyber Security Brainstorm attendees are eligible to receive continuing professional education (CPE) credits. Click here for more details.
|Add this event to my Outlook calendar|
For more information on event details, please contact Lisa Futterman at (703) 883-9000 ext. 163 or email@example.com.
Don't miss MeriTalk's first Cyber Security Brainstorm on Wednesday, July 24, 2013 at the Newseum in Washington, D.C.
Cyber security is not a new priority for those in the government's IT and management trenches, but it is a growing priority for the second term administration and the 113th Congress. A new Executive Order, a cyber framework underway at NIST, re-introduced CIPSA legislation and more cyber bills to follow all highlight that agencies and industry partners can expect cyber issues to be front and center over the next year. We will cover some of the key topics on today's cyber security horizon, including continuous monitoring, mobile device and BYOD management, cyber threats, and more.
The half day forum will bring together more than 100 savvy Federal cyber security experts to share best practices, collaborate on challenges, and discuss what is needed for the future of cyber security. Register today at https://meritalk.com/csx-brainstorm-2013-register.php
- Jeff Eisensmith, Chief Information Security Officer, Department of Homeland Security Headquarters (confirming)
- Kevin Dulany, Chief Risk Management Oversight Division, OCIO, Department of Defense (confirming)
- Gil Vega, Chief Information Security Officer, Department of Energy
- Dr. Mark Althouse, Senior Mobility Technical Director, National Security Agency
- Major Linus J. Barloon II, U.S. Air Force, Chief of Cyber Operations Division in the J3 Directorate and Cyberspace Officer for the White House Communications Agency
- Eric Rosenbach, Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Cyber Policy, Department of Defense
MeriTalk will recognize exemplary Federal cyber security initiatives with the 2013 MeriTalk Cyber Security Confidence Awards. Winners will be announced at this year's Cyber Security Brainstorm luncheon ceremony.
For more information on event details, please contact (703) 883-9000 ext. 163 or firstname.lastname@example.org.